Official Entry Rules
The “Bitter Clinger’s Raffle – God, Guns and the GOP!” is brought to you by the Republican Party of Los Alamos (RPLA).
All State and Federal Firearms Laws Apply.
Ticket Price: $5.00 (Donation to the RPLA. Donations to RPLA are not tax deductible. )
Number of Tickets to be sold: 2,500
- 1st Prize: Ruger Precision Rifle 6.5mm Creedmoor, and a One Year Los Alamos Sportsmen’s Club Membership. ($1,599 MSRP)
- 2nd Prize: Lifetime NRA Membership ($1,500 Value)
- 3rd Prize: Five Year NRA Membership ($150.00 Value)
- Other Prizes: Basic Auto Details from KJM Auto Body ($50 value) x 4
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prizes all include a 1-year annual membership to the Los Alamos Sportsman’s Club, and a Copy of the Holy Bible – New International Version
How to Get Your Raffle Tickets:
Raffle tickets may be received by mail or in person at the following locations:
- Locations: You can get your tickets in person at:
- RPLA booth during the Los Alamos County Public Events, such as the Summer Concerts and the Rodeo Parade and Fair.
- RPLA Central Committee Meetings, held the first Thursday of every month at 6:00PM, University of NM at Los Alamos.
- Donations: Cash, personal check or money order made payable to the “Republican Party of Los Alamos” or “RPLA” 200 Camino Encantado, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87544. (Note: Returned Checks will result in forfeiture of winnings and $35.00 Returned Check Fee)
- Contact Us: You may also contact us at email@example.com
When is the Raffle?:
The winners of all prizes to be identified by drawing to be held at the RPLA Constitution Day Dinner in October. Final details and scheduling are currently in planning. Please check back for information at a later date.
Winners need not be present to win.
Who can participate in this raffle?
Anyone that is 18 years of age or older, and capable of successfully completion of an FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) background check.
Any participant who cannot pass the FFL background check and was successful in the raffle for the Ruger Precision Rifle will be allowed to appeal the decision from the FBI-NICS system as required/permitted by law. Currently appeals are being processed that were received in September of 2016.
Who is not permitted to participate in this raffle?
At this time the First Vice Chairman of the Republican Party of Los Alamos, and his immediate family are voluntarily surrendering eligibility to participate in this raffle.
Other persons that are not permitted to participate in this raffle are those persons that are prohibited by law from possessing firearms. As the say “Please, don’t lie for the other guy!!!”
What else should I know?
Winners will be notified by phone, email and/or mail within 7 days of the drawing.
The winner of the Ruger Precision Rifle, the person identified on the winning ticket, must pick up the rifle from New Mexico Firearms LLC. in Los Alamos New Mexico, or make arrangements to have the rifle shipped to an FFL of their choice. The winner is responsible for all costs associated with shipment to their FFL, including transfer fees.
If you have not heard from us, please check your spam and deleted email folders.
Drawing results will be posted on the RPLA website, and emailed to all participants that provided an email address.
If RPLA has not sold at least 1,000 valid raffle tickets and received full payment therefore, by the date of the Constitution Day Dinner, RPLA may, at its sole and absolute discretion, postpone the drawing until the minimum has been purchased. In such an event, RPLA will provide an email notification to all participants who made donations.
Prize winners are solely responsible for all local, state and federal taxes, license duties, insurance, and all expenses incurred in claiming prizes, such as shipping and FFL transfer fees.
Prize winners understand, acknowledge, and agree that the Prize winners are receiving a prize and will hereby release and discharge RPLA, and any additional sponsors, their employees, agents, officers, directors and legal representatives and assigns from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses arising from or caused by the award of such prize, including, but not limited to the payment of any and all taxes that are due.
Prize winners are responsible for knowing state and local laws pertaining to firearms.
Prizes will not be shipped where prohibited by law.
Prize must be claimed within 30 days of drawing. Any unclaimed prize after that date will constitute forfeiture and be transferred to RPLA as a donation.
RPLA, its Executive Committee, its Central Committee, and its agents assume no liability for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, or entries without payment which will be deemed invalid and disqualified.
The decisions and rules of RPLA are final on all matters concerning the raffle.
Void where prohibited by law.
A copy of these rules is posted at www.losalamosgop.com and can also be requested by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to RPLA, 200 Camino Encantado, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87544.